View Single Post
Merion

Old October 8th, 2018, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Do you think LWD are in any position to urge anyone to do anything with RW? They lost their strength in this market years ago and now need to deliver on the market in order to show potential partners that they can actually deliver their content. The previous content providers who promised RW content via Kickstarter have so far been unable to deliver on their promises as a result of the LWD delays.

No they are not in any position. All they can do is maintain relationships at this stage and throwing out some advertising is one way they can do that. Given Kobold Presses recent 'test' to see if they can reduce the mediums they support I would say LWD need to kick it up a gear. I'd wager a guess KP are trying to get in bed with DnDB. LWD are at risk of KP not needing them if that happens.
Maybe urge was to strong a word (english isn't my first language, so please be so kind to cut me some slack in that regard). Maybe ask, suggest, encourage or beg would have been more appropriate. But I hope you get what I'm trying to say here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Whether KP needs LWD or not, I'd still see them benefiting from the relationship. LWD is an extra source of customers through referrals and shared advertisements such as the newsletter.
It doesn't really cost KP anything, even if they end up with another partnership also boosting their sales.
I'm not so sure about the "doesn't cost them anything" part - who bears the cost for entering the data into RW? KP or LWD? Is it shared? Do we even know?
Merion is offline   #9 Reply With Quote