View Single Post
Acenoid

Old May 17th, 2015, 12:58 PM
I use the realm as rule reference to find quickly documentation and details from the books. But I'm still in the process of entering it.

Then I use it of course for adventure mapping.

I am currently using the categories as defined by default, but slowly starting to redefine categories (copy -> move existing topics to the new layout) and re-tagging a lot of stuff.

Also began to use relationships more.

I think in the end, it should be enough to navigate & map via a single method otherwise it becomes to much work to enter everything and thing how to enter everything.

Basically I have divided up the history / recaps / actions from the players into handy topics and sorted them between quests and storyline topics containing each other. Via prefix & suffix I maintain the order and also display the duration of each event.

Incident/Event topics might be referenced to.

I also began to add "Rumor / Common Information" topics category references I think (this sheet of paper) and also linked to those form the storyline topics or relationships where feasible.

Also all the topics are tagged with an Id either "permanent" or one or multiple "name of the adventures" it came up.

I have topics to divide astral / meat and matrix space (dimension) and maybe more are needed if other entities like planets etc would be needed. Cities / Adventure Areas etc are grouped within.

Scene topics are either shown the storyline or if strongly linked to a location (e.g. scene triggered when adventure area is being visited) contained in there. Also the scene topics have a section that explain from where the runners could go next and what rewards they gained here if any.

Mission critical / quest items are always contained by the character who currently has them.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #7 Reply With Quote