View Single Post
BlueStryker

Old November 17th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Oh.. Yep you are right about that. Amazing how something so simple can be overlooked, lol. Thank you for pointing that out!

Now I have another question because I'm not quite sure how this needs/can be formatted to get the result I want. Basically, I need to make tiered skills that have a max level of 3 for basic, and a min level of 4 to be advanced (also requires proper training so characters can't really get the advanced version unless they "spend the time" to train). The difference, mechanically, is that a basic skill adds the bonus from one attribute while the advanced adds the bonus from two. Since only certain skills are tiered I am trying to add it to the skills themselves. Below is an option I was trying but not sure if this will work or not because I don't quite understand the format or actual use of this particular item. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

<exprreq message="Tiered skill" iserror="no">
<![CDATA[if(#trait[trtUser].value >= 4)then<link linkage="attribute" thing="attrDex"/> endif]]>
</exprreq>

I've also tried taking every space out but still get that "reserved word" error so I know I'm doing something wrong, just not sure what.

Ok, so after a little more searching it seems I am probably way off on how I should be doing this.. I'm going to work on another approach but in the meantime I'll gladly take suggestions.

Last edited by BlueStryker; November 17th, 2012 at 05:41 AM. Reason: After a little more research
BlueStryker is offline   #3 Reply With Quote