View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old September 6th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
A question for everyone with a built-in monitor or projector in your table:

Do you flip the screen 180 degrees for the players on the other side, or do they use the mouse upside down, or ...?
I use a wireless Logitech T650 touch pad...so the players can pass it around and only have to orient the pad to match screen orientation. (in our case the players use the Logitech logo as an orientation reminder for where the "top" of the pad is = Top of TVs in our case)

Once they became accustom to that, "orientation of the screen" doesn't really come into play..... though this will not work for those utilizing a VTT atmosphere that displays text on the "table".... The text will still orient based on TV.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Recha.../dp/B0093H4WT6

Of Course LWD & RW potential corroboration could also help on the text orientation since there is currently discussion on the D20pro VTT software being able to be sync'd with external devices such as players laptops thus eliminating that "text orientation" problem.

See here for details and D20 Kickstarter currently underway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D20Pro & Steven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
Steven Wells 4 days ago

For RW integration, the key pieces to me would be shared maps, shared player handouts and shared HL portfolios. What tidbits can you share about the Unlimited vision that would entice RW users to take the plunge and invest in the KS?
Creator Mesa Mundi Inc. 4 days ago

@Steven, that's a great question. I've already had some productive early talks with Rob Bowes about first steps to integrate d20Pro Unlimited and RealmWorks.

Unlimited should be able to import creatures directly from HL portfolios; however, we need to do more research before talking definitively on how to accomplish the round trip - where Unlimited would write back changes to the creature to the HL portfolio. Another item is persisting Unlimited data in Realm Works, so it can be conjured back up later as needed.

Mesa Mundi and Lone Wolf Development will be hashing out our integration strategy over the coming months. We talk about the RPG "ecosystem" where technology can enhance any aspect of gameplay. The entire ecosystem is quite large and we feel smaller companies will band together to provide a comprehensive solution. MM and LWD have common interests and mutual respect - so while I can say exactly how it will unfold we'll be collaborating with Rob and his crew to the best of our abilities.

Best regards and good gaming,
Mat ~ GM Thraxxis
&
Quote:
Originally Posted by D20Pro & Robert
Mesa Mundi Inc. 4 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
Robert Stone 4 days ago

Correct me if I'm wrong here but it was my understanding that eventually you want to make it where you can basically drag and drop character/monsters from Hero Lab to Unlimited and they would transfer automatically. Right?
@Robert the immediate plan is to import directly from Hero Lab's Portfolio files (.por). So you'd just need to save your changes in Hero Lab and then point Unlimited to the desired portfolio and presto!

I have chatted with Colen and Rob at LWD about inter-process communication that would allow even more seamless transfer, though we're not ready to announce anything along those lines. We've also been talking about RealmWorks integration and will be announcing our initial steps later this year on that topic.

Best regards and good gaming,
Mat ~ GM Thraxxis
For more info see
D20 Pro Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rtual-tabletop

Note I am not affiliated with Either LWD nor MM But I am a supporter of both... so this is not a "sales pitch" for KS support... make that judgment yourself.
And Lastly I "assume" (dangerous these days) that Rob & LWD take no issues with the link to the D20Pro Kickstarter... If so feel free to remove that part of the posting....
Just my 2cp
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #40 Reply With Quote