View Single Post
Madmaxneo

Old January 8th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
@MadMaxNeo

Would you ever filter on those numeric values? How often do you search for a creature with a specific AC or number of hit points. You can't currently run comparative searches (AC>15), but even if you could, I still don't see myself filtering creatures by AC.

I thought about adding fields for AC, HP, attributes, etc., but found that to be ugly and hard to look at in game.

I much prefer everything together in a statblock, for which I use a nicely formatted HTML table, with shading, font formatting, etc. I just created a template in PhraseExpress, a text-expander program, which makes it easy to drop into any text snippet in RW.
I am not sure what you mean by would I ever filter on those numeric values.

The problem is I have to enter in a load of monsters and I would rather have all the sections defined so all I need to do is enter the actual stats. Having to re-enter every stat name would be time consuming.

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #17 Reply With Quote