View Single Post
Silveras

Old December 23rd, 2018, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
@Silveras: What are the steps for restoring from a prior backup? I don't want to totally hose myself. I seem to remember EightBits having having a backup/restore problem in the past.

I assume replace the master realm with a backup realm from prior to the upgrade. Install v245. Synch to the web. Done. Is this correct?
I recommend installing back to v245 first. One of the issues I ran into was the database was not usable under 245 if it had been accessed under v248. So if you do the restore under 248, it won't work to install v245 AFTER that.

RealmWorks makes automatic backups periodically according to your settings (maximum number, and location for the file). The easiest sequence is:
  • Start RealmWorks
  • Go to "Tools"
  • Select "Manage Database"
  • Select "Restore Database" Tab
  • Click "Restore Database" button
  • Select the backup to restore from -- it will show the date/time made.

That should have been enough in my case, but I did need to sync the data before I could use it. The first time I tried to access my main Realm, it crashed again. I did a "Sync All", and then tried the Realm again. This time, it went through the fix-ups and finally loaded.

Last edited by Silveras; December 23rd, 2018 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Added comment about installation of 245 first.
Silveras is offline   #15 Reply With Quote