View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeaDawg View Post
Buying a new skill group, after creation mode is locked, is broken again. It gives a string of errors:

Attempt to access non-existent parent pick for a top-level container from spript
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Skillndiv' (Eval Script '#5') near line 10
---
Attempt to access non-existent parent pick for a top-level container from spript
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Skillndiv' (Eval Script '#5') near line 20
---
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Skillndiv' (Eval Script '#5') near line 21
---
Repeats these 3 statements 4 times with each entry into a field box in the window for specifying the skill group (the group name, the game date, real date)
Once the group is added, only the name of the group at rank 1 appears in the character profile, none of the included skills are listed.

Adding the individual skills from the group, keeping them at the same level, does not show them as a skill group and produces the same error as before if you attempt to increase them as a group.
Only the skill groups purchased as groups while in creation mode can be increased as a group, unless the group is broken apart after creation is locked, then the group behaves as described for gaining a new group.

After saving the profile exiting the program to look at the logs, I opened the profile up again to try adding the individual skills that belong to the empty group. The error messages above immediately popped up, and continued to pop up with each action taken while in that profile. I was able to add the individual skills, but they showed at rank 2 instead of rank 1, and the group showed as broken. Decreasing the individual skill ranks did not remove the broken tag on the group. Additionally, it appears that the option to burn edge is no longer available in the advancements window. Edge can be spent in the "In-Play" tab under "Other Tracked Resources", but it can not be burned.

While I'm on my soap box so to speak, Are the advancements supposed to be printable somewhere? I've not found an option anywhere for them to show up, even when saving the profile as a PDF. Did I miss something?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The skill group error you have reported is one that I caught a long time ago, I believe it is still on the "to-do" list for fixing once there is time to get to it. The current focus right now is on getting the core supplements finished up.

Your advancements should show up on the advancements tab, as far as printing a list of them goes, that is not currently available. The advancements should apply the appropriate bonuses to your sheets as they are purchased however, and those should show up on your printouts.
RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote