View Single Post
TheIronGolem

Old November 23rd, 2018, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
Good questions IG, let me see if I can clarify. The class is not a sphere casting class under standard circumstances. Through a custom special, they can gain a very limited ability to use spheres and talents. They gain their first sphere upon selecting the custom ability, and the second at 10th level. If the hero has class levels in other sphere casting classes, these additional spheres/talents should be awarded as a bonus.

I hope that helps clarify my intent. Thank you for your help.
Having thought about this some more: If the class is not intended to be an actual casting class but rather has a "dabbling" option, I would recommend having the custom special simply grant the Basic Magical Training feat, with either Advanced Magical Training or Extra Magic Talent being given at 10th level. Then you don't have to jump through all these hoops for an option that many players wouldn't even take anyway. It also fits better with the overall design goals of the spherecasting system, since having casting as a class feature is generally presumed to have at least a one-talent-every-other-level progression (plus the two bonus talents that the casting feature gets when first taken). Of course, I'm assuming here that the class is one of your design and that you're not implementing some other 3PP's class.
TheIronGolem is offline   #596 Reply With Quote