View Single Post
Aaron

Old November 19th, 2018, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
You didn't miss it, exactly. As I'm sure you know, the Green Magic Tradition gives you an Animal Companion. You've probably seen the button for adding the animal companion on the class tab at the upper left. The thing is, that's also where the button for familiars go. Basically the class tab isn't designed with the expectation that a single class would give more than one type of companion, and so your familiar button is hiding behind your animal companion button. Nothing I can do about that, I'm afraid. What you'll want to do is temporarily remove the Green Magic tradition from the character, add your familiar, then put the tradition back on your character. After that, you can switch to the familiar or animal companion through the dashboard (right side) or the Portfolio menu (top).
If I had my druthers I'd redesign all the old companions to use the new "Custom Companion" table, so we could eliminate that "only one companion" assumption. Alas, that'd move too much cheese and break a bunch of characters.
Aaron is offline   #591 Reply With Quote