View Single Post
Exmortis

Old December 4th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Realm Works is it for me, as it allows me to use it, and just it (well I have a basic word doc I have to support non-RW users for camaign start). I used word and my printer and 5 notebooks to cover my campaigns before RW, now outside of a small base Word doc, everything will be in Realm Works and HeroLab (HL will be used for all encounters, and all noptable NPCs will have their own .por file).

With Daede being my last game world I build ground up, using RW is awesome, I also have the benefit of time, most of the features people are clamering for I want, but I do not need for about 2yrs, Possibly 1. With exception to my calendar which I want to build in now. One of the coolest things about RW is the top down approach I take being so easy, and when I get an idea for the main story line, I click a button and write in notes on the story side.

I also love the the dynamic linking, for me 90% of the notable NPCs are world based, that is they are not expendable, they are part of my world and even if killed they will remain as history and lore, thus I create them in the world almanac, and link to them from the story side.

The cloud feature is also extremely useful for me already, as I have a desktop, lappy and tablet I work on, and with a click of a button I have all my latest work on them all. slick! For the fore seeable future I will pay for it, just for that alone. I am probably one of the few who sees PE as an absolute dream, and for 95% of the complaints, it is exactly what I thought and what I wanted, historical player reference. Once calendars and Journals are in and better integrated, it will be perfect, the rest of the features for me are just gravy....Do not get me wrong I love gravy, it is a beverage, but its just the calendar and journals are part of the meat and potatoes of what I need in PE.

RW being part of the LWD ecosystem is also huge for me, any way they can tie these two programs together is like a yet another laddle of gravy on my meat and potatoes, and there is no such thing as too much gravy. The idea that D20 Ultimate could see in better integration with both products is also huge, and why I backed it.

I can't imgaine now playing pathfinder around the gaming table with out LWD having my back. In fact, I don't have too, they have been here for 20yrs, and pretty sure they are not going anywhere. And neither am I.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #9 Reply With Quote