View Single Post
Pollution

Old December 4th, 2014, 03:51 AM
Coming from some other management tools for LARPing (Grapevine mostly) and having actually created a few of my own over the years (ah, Access, my old friend...) I feel like RW is at least 90% there as a GM tool, 75% there as a Player Aid, and overall about 80% or so perfect.

List of things that need doing:
PE need to have players be able to create some content on their own.
Hide hidden things in Player View properly (relationships, containers, text that link even though the topic is hidden, small stuff).
Export/print to make everyone happy (though I personally will never use print, export could be nice).
MARKETPLACE!!!! This is what will turn RW from a "chore" for me to create content to a perfect/happy place where instead of spending 60+ hours inputting RotRL for my players, I just spend $10-$20 and call it done. (fyi, that's $20 for the whole thing, I'd pay $8 per chapter or so, and small modules would be a $3-5 purchase IMHO)
Web View, cause, yeah, that's needed too.

And finally, player defined view restrictions. I say this last one, because, Holy Smokes, if I ran another LARP, I'd use RW over Grapevine or other solutions any day of the week. Especially if I can have the Players segregated in some way (think like tags, but for clan or influences). That would be sharp!

All told, RW is almost the perfect product imo. And I too come from old C64 variants of The DM's Familiar, only I actually coded it myself. You're talking to a guy that needed but didn't have dice one day, so I coded up a quick RNG program in VB, cause, I had a PC, just no dice. lol.
Pollution is offline   #8 Reply With Quote