View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 19th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Aha, I see what's happening here. While XML is completely flexibile, within the domain of tags you pre-defined, the HL program has can't have additional pre-defined tags outside of what it recognizes except for creating a user tag (which is added into the particular data file and is not added into the program itself). While it limits ultimate flexibility, as standalone XML is, in order for HL to "not break" it can only allow changes within the system the Editor (and thus the user file). So all my work directly editing the XML files won't work (outside of altering pre-defined values), so that clears up my wrong headed way of thinking I could edit this. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and read through the entire Authoring Kit guide and tutorial just to know what I'm doing to make HL happy.

One other thing. Seems that I thought I had fixed the duplicated Fighter tag in HL, but it has shown up again. Not sure what I did wrong or how to get rid of the old Fighter tab. Any suggestions what I did wrong or what I can do?
Kendall-DM is offline   #19 Reply With Quote