View Single Post
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old February 18th, 2017, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salcor View Post
Hello,

So I have not had any of the errors that have been discussed here, but when I upgraded it said I had duplicate names. Based off the discussion here I am a little confused so please excuse my ignorance.

If I understand Rob's post correctly having the same snippet in different topics that violates the "no duplicate names rule.". So for example I am using the Savage Worlds structure and I have been inputting weapons. Each entry in the weapons have a snippet for damage. Does this violate the duplicates rule?

Thanks for the education.

Salcor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Release Notes
Duplicate names for categories, section definition, snippet types, and tag domains are now forbidden. All category and domain names must be unique within the realm. All section definitions and snippet types must be uniquely named within each category.
You could make a category that consists of one section and one snippet. Then create a topic, and populate it with hundreds of the same snippet type. (When the topic is created, you would only have one snippet, you could use Ctrl-Ent or the hammer and wrench to create the new ones.) The restriction as far as I understand it, is within the definition.

So...

Category > Unique to Realm
Section Definition > Unique to Category
Snippet Type > Unique to Category

Tag Domain Name > Unique to Realm
Tags > No Restriction

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.

Last edited by Zaphod Beebledoc; February 18th, 2017 at 09:19 AM.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #9 Reply With Quote