View Single Post
Murrdox

Old December 30th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I can't really help you in that department. I do agree though that the Character Sheet output for Shadowrun could use a lot of work. It doesn't help that Shadowrun requires one of the most complicated character sheets of any RPG that I've ever played. Character sheets need to include:

Basic Stats
Skills
Talents
Gear
Weapons
Spells

Okay that's the basic stuff you'd find on ANY character sheet, right? Shadowrun then needs

Cyberware / Bioware
Comlink(s) - more complicated by the fact that most Shadowrunners will have MULTIPLE Comlinks, and each Comlink will have its own stats and its own programs!
Programs - Just mentioned this one. Even a non-hacker or a non-rigger is going to need some programs for the Comlink, plus SkillSofts, KnowledgeSofts, etc
Drones - Again... fully stated... and just like Comlinks, these guys have Programs too!
Spirits / Sprites - Fortunately not as complicated as Drones.
Contacts - Areas for these on character sheets I've found fill up REALLY fast after a character has been on a run or two.
SINs and Licenses

I doctored up a Shadowrun writable PDF character sheet that I'm pretty proud of that I posted on Dumpshock way back in the day. It's 6 pages long and some of my Runners still run out of space in certain sections! (The Rigger is a big problem with all his Agents and Programs)

To say the least Lone Wolf has its hands full making high quality character print out for this game.

I think the existing output is "Good Enough" for now though. I"m pulling for the other Core Books for the time being.
Murrdox is offline   #2 Reply With Quote