View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 23rd, 2020, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
The 2020 Errata has updated things like the Kobold and Orc in Volos to remove their negative stat modifiers. And in the case of the Orc, to replace its “Menacing” Trait with a new one called “Primal Intuition.” I’m probably just going to remove the negative stat bonuses, and let people use adjustments if they want to go back down to how it was before.

I ’m working through the errata changes as a warm-up to get back into editing full-steam. I’m hoping to have Theros done and out soon, and am hoping to get caught up on some of the backlog until Tasha’s comes out next month. I don’t even want to think about how we’ll handle the new variant rules on racial stat bonuses, but that’s a topic for another day.

My question is how the community would want this to be handled. I think the old version of the Orc should still be available, in case players don’t want to update their own Orc PC. Should we just make it a different race and call the old one “Orc (Pre-Errata)”? Or should we update the Orc with an option or adjustment to switch back to the old trait?

I’m inclined to do the latter, but I want to hear your opinions either way.
You must be talking about the DMG stat mods. The races in the books did not have negative stat mods. That was just DMG mods for building custom monsters. Those were not errata fixes. Those mods are used on the templates in the back of the monster manual too.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote