Thread: Starfinder
View Single Post
Paragon

Old September 1st, 2017, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Think about the market they will be able to open up to also. Right now Hero Lab is not useful for the emerging market in the rpg industry. There are ALOT of people playing over the internet. There are people playing around a table with a few member playing from the other side of the country.

You make Hero Lab work over the network and you instantly open up the tool to that market. I suspect this move will make for quite a few new members of our community. I'm sure it will result in some leaving too. But I'd wager the positives will out weight the negatives for LWD.
This is only an issue if you need the program to be interactive from multiple sources at once. I have one group where half the people who play are remoting in, and I use HL with them fine, thanks. I don't need them to see exactly what's going on in my instance any more than I do with those playing face to face.

So this isn't about people playing over the internet; its about a very specific kind of usage over the internet, and to claim otherwise is overstating it.
Paragon is offline   #65