View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 3rd, 2007, 11:00 AM
At 09:25 AM 6/1/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
I want to be able to suppress the quantity and cost of items, so that the description spread out more on the line. All of the quantities and costs are irrelevant, so this would be extremely handy in cleaning up the look of the roster.
Hmmm. The name, quantity, and cost columns are hard-wired into AB as always present. Everything else is author-configurable, but not those three. We never considered that a game would want to exclude the quantity or cost, and I'm still having trouble conceptualizing why you'd want to do that. Even though the quantity might typically be one for everything in a game, I'm sure there are exceptions where some items can be multiples, in which case the quantity is applicable. And for cost, I'm concerned that running text through that column in the roster view will break up overall readability of the roster.

What game is this for? Give me some more details on how you see this working and why it's a "good thing". It's possible we can make this stuff controllable in V3.2. There may be assumptions built into the code that made it difficult to do, but also might be relatively tractable. However, I need to have my concerns allayed first, before I look into the complexity.

-Rob
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote