View Single Post
Farling

Old December 18th, 2019, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janrith View Post
Heya Farling!

The tool's been very helpful in getting export files setup.

I just discovered an issue in v2.8.0.0, but I'm unsure if it's due to saving or opening a project file.

I started setting up imports with multiple names in a series of projects, but when I reload them, the additional names setup in the projects do not appear.

I tried checking one of the project files in a text editor to see if I could do some troubleshooting, but they appear to be saved as UTF-32 BE and I can't find an editor to read that format correctly.

As a result, I can't tell if the additional names are actually in the project file and just being missed when being read in, or if they aren't being saved in the first place.

It should be an easy repro:

Just hit the +Name button and save the project, close the tool, then reload it and open the project file.

The workaround is to just to re-add your additional names before generating the export file, as that definitely still works. In my case, I've got 35 projects, so having the alternate names preserved would save a bit of time.

At any rate, I thought you'd want to know.

Take care and keep up the good work!

Later

-=Janrith
Thanks for the bug report.
I suspect it is just a case of those alternative names not being saved properly.

I'll have a look after the weekend (since my weeks are no longer occupied with a full-time job).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #535 Reply With Quote