View Single Post
Paragon

Old April 24th, 2017, 07:17 AM
In my ongoing discovery of "things I borked up" in the Broken Earth file, I discovered I'd gotten confused about what the edge "Axe Fighter" did and had it add to attack when using an axe, rather than parry which is what its supposed to do.

However, it brought up an issue I thought I'd see if anyone had any feedback on before I did it: what's the best way to have something like this only apply when someone has an axe equipped?

I can see two possible ways off the top of my head, one I haven't tried, and one that's just a little annoying:

1. Brawler adds damage to unarmed attacks. I could try constructing code that does something similar but boosts the Parry value on the various axes after searching to see if they're there. I'm not entirely certain about the syntax of this since I'm presuming unlike Unarmed its not on the Hero.

2, I could replace all the axes with duplicates that look for the Edge and up their Parry if its present. I kind of hate to do that sort of thing because you always end up missing something that looks for the ID of the original object.

Is there a third option? If not, which of these would be the best way to go?
Paragon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote