View Single Post
Paragon

Old April 14th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Okay, did a bit more work with it, and it turns out you can do an eval script in an Advance. So I managed to fix the second part of the issue with the two bootstrapped Knowledge skills, but apparently I'm still missing things I need to put in the Advance, because though its working I'm getting an error message. First, let me show the code I'm using for the Advance (its very simple, which is probably the problem; I probably need some of the components from the code CC gave me, but I don't know which parts, and if I try to use it all it doesn't work):

Code:
<thing id="advBEKnCL" name="Computerized Library Knowledges" compset="Advance" description="Acquire two new Knowledges at a d4 rating." uniqueness="unique">
    <bootstrap thing="skKnow"></bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="skKnow"></bootstrap>
    <eval phase="PreTraits" priority="5000"><![CDATA[perform #resspent[resSkill,-,2,"Computerized Library Knowledges"]]]></eval>
    </thing>
This shows and is selectable as an advance, and properly bootstraps two Knowledges, and properly offsets the skill point cost. However when I do it I get the following errors:

"Attempt to access non-existent containing entity from script
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Advance' (Eval Script 'Accrue Advances') near line 3
- - -
Attempt to access non-existent containing entity from script
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Advance' (Eval Script '#6') near line 11
- - -
Attempt to access non-existent containing entity from script
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Advance' (Eval Script '#6') near line 16"

Now I could probably just go put the damn thing in as an Edge and let the rest of the process do its magic, but if I can do it directly as an Advance, since I'm doing the other one that way I'd rather do this one like that, too.

Anyone's help is much appreciated here.
Paragon is offline   #28 Reply With Quote