View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old April 22nd, 2014, 03:35 AM
This is another case for why LAN support would be useful.....
I currently utilize an IM messenger within a LAN that does EXACTLY this. It allows me to send / Receive group IMs or send to one player as a private note. It documents all "notes" for the session allowing it to be saved as a txt file or HTML. I find it very useful for recordkeeping what was said. The hassle is consolidating that information into Herolab & Masterplan (I have "hopes" that RW will replace MP based on the promises of LAN support and integration with HL)
The interface works via IPs within my LAN.. seems it would not be a big leap to have RW operating in a similar fashion. either via a LAN or Bluetooth.... thus not requiring more / multiple things managing a game session. (ie your phone as some suggested) All of my players have a laptop w/ HL installed. I recognize not all utilize it that way. HOWEVER, with the paperless age upon us it is increasingly unlikely that most don't have a laptop or tablet anyway. for those that don't , utilizing a Bluetooth link would suffice for this application as well IF RW had the capability to capture all those IMs as txt or snipits?
The "goal" is to have one software (RW?) to consolidate all gaming information so the DM can streamline and manage the "papertrail" aspects of gameplay, NOT to add even more fractured pieces to further have to regurgitate information thru into a single source.
just my two CP

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; April 22nd, 2014 at 03:37 AM.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote