View Single Post
zarlor

Old September 4th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Well, IMHO, the printed sheet could be better (and I've recently added a request in the "new features" thread for just that). But, to be honest, using HL at the table is, I think, one of the powers of the program. I don't have to print out sheets and have a lot more flexibility with the program right in front of me. For GMs you even have the Tactical Console to work with as well, although it's probably not really needed for SW in the way it is for something like Pathfinder.

For getting something like those Super Powers to combine with mundane items, though, in a program... I'd say if you wand to run it as an item specifically you'd probably want to MAKE the item in a .user file and just equip that. If you changed the Super Power you'd also need to change the item, but you'd have it as an item if that's where you wanted to look for it on your sheet. I need to re-download MetaCreator but I don't think that program gets anywhere doing this kind of stuff either with stacking like that. At least Hero Lab gets close. Nothing else I've seen can do it at all. Trying to get all of those possible interactions is not something I, personally, would consider something out of a beta product, that stuff is really, really complex.

Don't get me wrong, I have my share of issues with Hero Lab (and character sheets is a big one since I often maintain sheets for other players in the group who only play with paper at the table), but so far at least it gets close.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #19 Reply With Quote