View Single Post
zarlor

Old September 4th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Hmm.. I see that you have gear, a purchased Longsword, Bow, Pot Helm and Leather Armor and I can see, separately, that you wrote in Trappings for the Attack, Melee power for "Magical sword." and for Attack, Ranged of "Bow" but those all look like completely separate things to me. So you have just a plain, buy out of the book, "Bow" and the same of "Longsword" and you have the two Super Powers, but those powers don't show up as either gear or on the Armory column (although it might be nice, since they are attack powers, if they did show up on the Armory column), but I don't see that any of those things are related at all. Now if you are on the "In-Play" tab and hover over the ? next to the Super Powers it should give you the details for them, though.

I did notice that the Longsword does show a listing for "Special: +3d6", as does Unarmed Strike, for that matter. So presumably Attack. Melee is adding that "Special" onto to there as a reminder that it can be stacked even with mundane weapons (depending on the trappings, so if you your "device" had a trapping fo a "Vibro Glove" then even as a device it could stack, but if it were a Sword on it's own, then it shouldn't stack but I don't think there is any good way to tell the program that level of granularity.)

Same of the Armor issue. I think it would be nice if we could change the name from "Natural Armor" to something appropriate for your trappings. You still wouldn't be able to uncheck it from the Armory tab, but you could uncheck it on the In-Play tab, which would be the same as "taking it off"

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #17 Reply With Quote