View Single Post
Diceman

Old December 1st, 2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diceman
Even though I don't like it my current players love to comiserate with the GM away from the table. Hoping that RW will help me keep track of that sort of activity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I think so. There are features that can definitely be used in this regard. However, I'd need to know more about exactly what you're trying to achieve before I can give a definite yes or no. And during the Beta we'll be refining and enhancing things, so a "no" right now could easily become a "yes" in a few months. :-)
Rob,
thanks for the feedback.

To answer your question, my saturday group uses rotating GMs and the other two GMs started getting into the habit of emailing players with secret knowledge and stirring the plots ect away from the table.
Most of the players seem to like that sort of thing.

Personally I am an old school gamer (circa 1978) who prefers that everything happen at the table 95% of the time. I don't like players keeping tons of secrets from each other.

Having said that I am willing to adapt to new things and that is what got me thinking to ask these questions about Realm Works.

After a couple of versions are developed I hope to be able to do all communications through the program and not need to use direct emails ect.

One other question about functionality I had after I posted originally was about adding and editing information to a campaign in progress.
Let's say I have a NPC fighter originally at the battle of Orc Hill. Lets say originally he led a charge of calvary and that gets revealed. Later for some story reasons I decide he was a member of the Archery corp instead.
Will I be able to change those factoids on the fly? And if I do will it auto update in the players knowledge base?
Diceman is offline   #4 Reply With Quote