View Single Post
jfrazierjr

Old May 18th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Generally for magic items it's just best to have the Fantasy Companion add-on, since it gives a way to make magic items right in the character editor, it also adds tabs for Magic Items and such.

The "mi" prefix you are seeing is from the Fantasy Companion and the new tabs it adds specifically for magic items, and it's pretty much the main reason I don't really have any common code to cover that stuff since it's built-in for the cost of an, IMHO pretty worthwhile, add-on. So while it could probably be done to make magic items without the FC, I guess I'd prefer to encourage folks to spend the money to try and keep the Savage Worlds side of the house at least maybe a little profitable for Lone Wolf.

Yea, I have the Fantasy Companion(I have every module for purchase EXCEPT for the sci-fi one), it's more a matter that without the source xml, it's hard to visualize how things "hook together"(well. it's probably hard ANYWAY...lol). As I mentioned, it appears that all magic items have a gizmo and I am trying to conceptualize what that concept means and why it's important. I have the extra tabs in the editor, but I don't know what each i for in conceptual terms.

I would like to compare this to Racial Abilities vs Racial Properties. I started with the former, and based upon feedback about how they are used, I have switched to utilize the latter. I want to understand how and why so as to avoid making mistakes that will cost me time later on down the road.

For that matter, does the sci-fi module for HL add more tabs in order to deal with stuff like power armor(ie, a la iron man?) I would have no issue with any sample code being prefixed with requirements such as "The below code requires the Fantasy Companion".

I guess I would be very surprised if no one had created their own magic items unless most of the users just don't use the Fantasy rules.
jfrazierjr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote