View Single Post
Kiirnodel

Old February 5th, 2016, 09:41 PM
While I don't disagree on any particular point, the most we can really do is speculate on these things. And it isn't particularly productive.

Arguing and complaining about what Catalyst is or is not doing to correct or clarify mistakes isn't going to affect change, especially on these forums, for HeroLab. The only thing applicable to the program would be if clear and relevant clarifications of a rule were forth-coming. Which, as has been pointed out, comments by the freelancer originally responsible for the Adept Ways does not necessarily qualify. It is a start, but not technically an official response.

My suggestion to resolve this particular issue for the time being, is to add this as another house-rule. We already have one that makes the Ways "Qualities" cost the x1 karma cost during post char-gen. Perhaps we could also add one that makes the Ways not count toward the Positive Quality maximum.

This way, people that want to follow use these suggestions by the freelancer could do so, and those that want to adhere strictly to what is in the book can do so as well. I believe technically, right now, the Missions community, for example, does not follow these rules. Although the Missions FAQ is more frequently added to, so a new take on this rule might be coming up in a revision.

On the same note, if an official ruling is released (after this has been implemented as a house rule in HeroLab) that confirms this as the actual rule, I would suggest that the house rule and official implementation simply be reversed. At this point, there are likely plenty of groups that are using the Ways as Qualities and following the basic limitations of such as they stand. And I know from experience that there would be plenty of groups that would continue to do so even with an official errata.
Kiirnodel is offline   #13 Reply With Quote