View Single Post
Azhrei

Old April 19th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I'm guessing a lot of that will simply depend on how PF2 is received in general. So far, I'm liking a lot of it. I'm not entirely happy about the way 'monsters' and 'NPC's' appear to be mechanically different things than PC's. That's still a pretty rough point for me with 5e, and am worried to see PF2 go a similar route - but there hasn't been any real details about that part so far, so it's not a major factor yet.
It would be fascinating to see if this could be done using layers or some other technique in PDFs. For example, Paizo already has interactive maps in PDF form, where clicking a button removes GM-only information from the map, or clicking another button toggles a grid.

What if a checkbox could toggle PF1 vs. PF2 rules crunch in the PDF? So the default state would be for PF2, but check the box and those statblocks become PF1 statblocks. (Probably would be nice to have a summary of all PF1 and/or all PF2 statblocks at the end of the book, since I have no idea how printing works with these types of PDFs. They probably print whatever is currently displayed on the screen, but I'm not positive.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai
Hopefully third party companies produce PF2 content instead. There is already so much PF1 content it would be decades before I run out.
I hear that! I've got a charter subscription to Paizo's Adventure Path so I have all of the AP's in print and PDF form! I've only GM'd two and I've played in two others (and one more that is on-going). I've enough content to last the rest of my life!

Of course, the LW datasets to support that in HL would cost me $$$ and that's where I'm torn. I don't plan to pick up any more, but that could change if a group of players were really interested in one of the APs. (Probably have them chip in to pay for it. )
Azhrei is offline   #89 Reply With Quote