Thread: Text with title
View Single Post
whump

Old April 22nd, 2015, 12:43 AM
Quote:
This was the last official word:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....04&postcount=8
Thanks! I saw that further up the thread but mmy search skills are low and I wondered if there was anything else I had missed. Clearly not!

I understand the design challenge this presents but I see it as a question of choosing the lesser of two evils. Like many GMs I have my own quick-note way of describing key attributes of places and people in my campaigns.

Right now I can either:
1. Use text snippets and write my own labels e.g. "Clothing: leather armour" or "Archtecture: carved wood frames, no stone". In such case I have no prompt text and I need to remember what order/section I want the snippets in for consistency, or use a separate reference document;
or
2. Make my own custom category with 1. appearance; 1.1 clothing; 1.2 first impressions; 1.3 etc etc. which gives me a nice framework but is displayed in a fairly bulky way with lots of lines and headings down the page.

If we could have labelled text snippets with prompt-text in them that would solve this issue much more neatly for me. We could tick a box to limit characters and keep the snippet on a single line, or untick and allow the snippet to run onto multiple lines. In any case, the user can choose what works best for them.

So I wonder if anyone from LWD is reading - is this something LWD plan to tackle or has it been mothballed?
whump is offline   #43 Reply With Quote