View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 19th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I went through the editor manual, it just falls short of anything helpful in my opinion. I'll be back at it tonight, I've made some progress, so I think it's possible to most of what I want, and manual the rest. The problem I'm having is, it's hard to see ALL the changes I have to make in the files. For example, I'm changing the armor max Dex system. Once I implement that, I have to consider what happens when I apply a material, like Mithril, to it. Those kinds of things are the kind I can think of. It's the one's I can't think of that will blow up on me.

Now as far as the class tab goes, then I did it correctly. I replaced the cHelpFtr ID, and I get a tab with Fighter bootstrapping the old cHelpFtr, and another Fighter tab bootstrapping the newer replacement cHelpFgt. I'll look at it again tonight and try to work it through. Thanks for all the help guys.

Oh yeah. 4E... bleh. Good game in it's own right, but it just doesn't feel like D&D at all. Should have been released as a completely separate game system. During the early testing days, I play tested a Cleric, and found that I had very limited and almost restrictive healing abilities. During two different fights, I was able to NOT heal anyone, and then NOT heal anyone again. Utter silliness, because that's the version that made it in. Hopefully the add-on stuff corrected that, but I'll probably never play that game again. But then I'm old, I like the old open-ended stuff much better.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; January 19th, 2011 at 04:04 PM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #24 Reply With Quote