View Single Post
Polecat

Old June 19th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
If you're playing a Technomancer don't hold your breath.
What are you on about? Did you read all of the Technomancer setting material in there? Its like the last third of the book.

Plus, the book has the Leroy Jenkins and Nerd Rage qualities, its worth it for that alone. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
Pathfinder Society is VASTLY superior because they ACTUALLY PUT SHIT OUT. There's a new scenario every month, and books come out left and right. I get that Catalyst is smaller than Paizo (no duh), but the support for their own game just isn't there.

SR is my first and favorite RPG. And I really feel like Bull and his ilk have ruined it. I'm not bitching about the rule changes (though there are a few wtf areas), I'm pissed that we don't have resources where we need them, and whenever we get them, they're half assed and incomplete.

Grrrrrrr
Dude, chill out. If you "finished all the missions" you could always use the random mission generator they give you. Your GM could make up runs. Or, you could just play something else. I don't mind SR5e, honestly. I enjoy playing it, and my group has had none of these problems. I think you are just projecting anger onto it and see faults where there are none.

Is it perfect?

No.

Should I have rules for concealing pop out guns on vehicles in the core rule book?

Yes!

Was the game session ruined because we couldn't find them, of course not. If you love Pathfinder so much, play it. If you love shadowrun, play it. But blaming the lack of the ability to play and enjoy the game on what (seems) like an unwilling to commit the time into planning sessions or randomly generating them seems a bit bitter and entitled to me man.

Its not like you're playing Shadowrun: Dragonfall and when you're done... thats it. Game Over. And its not really a contest, so what... piazo is pumping out books and Catalyst isn't giving you the rules you need. We've been playing for six sessions now and we havent need ANY of the rules you said were in 4E that are not in 5E and our last two missions were matrix-based.

I'm not picking on you or having a go, just feels a bit like you're angry at something and so finding reasons to validate that anger rather than making a fair assessment of the material.

Plus, if 4E was better there is NOTHING stopping you from playing it man. Stick with the games you love. Those old books don't automatically become useless just because something new comes out. If they do what you want them to do and give you what you want, just play 4E. Honestly, theyre both pretty compatible with one another anyway. It shouldn't take you longer than it does to squint to back covert the material.

Last edited by Polecat; June 19th, 2015 at 10:02 AM.
Polecat is offline   #14 Reply With Quote