View Single Post
Aaron

Old February 23rd, 2017, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Colen, will this functionality become available for the d20 system as well? I've been wanting something like this for a while, and I've had to put a workaround in place currently, but it's a PITA. I would love this ability.

Does this mean you can apply this new coinage to the pricing of gear as well?
The d20 system is under ShadowChemosh's purview, though I would be happy to provide any guidance he needed to set up a similar thing.

I've also been waiting for this sort of thing for a while, so I was glad to have the opportunity to call finally call "gp", "stl" in my own system.

The system relies on the user defining which coin is the "base coin", with a value of 1. Everything like price or total wealth is expressed in term of that coin, and purchases using custom coins are converted as necessary.

For example, you could rename the 3rd coin from gp to stl. By default this coin has a value of 1, and is the base coin. Say you then change the next lowest coin (coin 2) to be worth .5 of the base coin and rename it to "ip". Your purse has 4 ip and 3 stl.

If you buy something with a cost of .5, it will subtract 1 ip. If you bought something with a cost of 4, it will spend all your ip and 2 stl. And so forth.

Went through a lot of trouble making it so that the values are adjustable. Oh, one thing people will need to keep in mind is that if you adjust the values of coins for an existing character, that would affect their current wealth.

Hope that clarifies things.
Aaron is offline   #14 Reply With Quote