View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 23rd, 2017, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hi everyone,

This month, we've been laying the groundwork for some changes to how money works in Pathfinder. In the next Pathfinder release, you'll see a few of those changes:
  1. Starting cash is more robustly implemented and can now be changed on the Classes tab, after you pick a class for the character. Level 1 PCs can have Hero Lab roll their starting cash (using the correct value for their class), while NPCs and higher-level PCs have their starting cash automatically set to the appropriate values. (You can still set your own custom starting cash values if you want, and we're not changing any starting cash values on existing heroes.)
  2. The Journal tab will now show a transaction log of the purchases and sales you've made, including the items that were bought and sold, and their cost.
  3. You can now customize the names, values and weights of the coins used for purchasing, and define up to 4 additional coin types (if you wanted to rename "gold pieces" to "steel pieces", for example, or to define additional coin types entirely).

Before making further changes, we wanted to ask you, our users, what features and functions are missing from Hero Lab's buying / selling mechanics. When you're purchasing or selling gear, what do you want to do that Hero Lab doesn't support? What other features would be useful in your games?

Thanks for your help!
Colen, will this functionality become available for the d20 system as well? I've been wanting something like this for a while, and I've had to put a workaround in place currently, but it's a PITA. I would love this ability.

Does this mean you can apply this new coinage to the pricing of gear as well?
Kendall-DM is offline   #10 Reply With Quote