View Single Post
zarlor

Old May 17th, 2017, 02:03 PM
I largely only use HL for Savage Worlds (although I've also used it some for Fate Core). So I guess I can say it wouldn't seem odd to me. Actually the main tab I use the most is the In-Play tab and when I want to see the weapon stuff I just hover my mouse over it if needed... or at least that's what I would do when I was using HL more at the table. These days I use HL more for the initial build and continued sanity checking during advances but after the build I transfer the character to Fantasy Grounds and use that at the table. In part because it has a nice dice roller but also because of the ability to add modifiers across the board, such as selecting the "Wild Attack" effect and having it automatically apply the appropriate plusses and minuses until the effect is removed. Come to that I suppose that kind of thing might be nice to have on the in-play setup with HL or, as we've been discussing a bit here in another thread, possibly having that available in an HTML version of the character sheet kind of like Ancient One does in Pathfinder. (Yeah, I said I don't use HL for that, and I don't, but while looking for some alternatives to the character sheets I ran across his stuff on the Pathfinder forum and found it to be pretty interesting.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote