Thread: Hide Prefix
View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old July 30th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Don't reveal topics until after a session, after a level is "complete" by the party or after a period of time.
This is what I do. Not because I'm worried about them seeing the prefixes, as I hand't thought about that until reading this thread, but because I find it is distracting to be revealing items during game. One the one hand, it makes for more post-game work, but it helps me keep things running smoothly. Also, I don't always have everything perfectly baked, previewed, and tested. When later going over the topics to reveal, I frequently find snippets I need to split or things that should be GM notes, etc. I don't want to be doing editing during the game or risk revealing too much in game, so I do it after the game as a historical record. It is just easier that way for me.

During the game, I mostly use player view for map reveal, which works very well. Saves ink and time for printing out and players needed map as they go along—unless getting lost in the maze is part of the challenge.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #7 Reply With Quote