View Single Post
egg_green

Old January 1st, 2012, 08:00 PM
I'm noticing some significant lag when scrolling through the equipment list on the "add a weapon" dialog. When I use the scroll wheel to scroll down the list, I am able to "queue up" several scrolls' worth of movement that then executes one screen at a time. This can take several seconds if I were scrolling far down in the list.

I also notice that if I click the "Everything/Only valid items" dropdown while this is happening, the dropdown will not appear until the list is finished scrolling.

OK, I found another issue after typing this. After narrowing the list to "only valid items" and adding a weapon to my hero (in this case, a sickle) by hitting "Add & Close", the Weapons tab stopped responding. I tried to click the checkbox to equip the sickle, but nothing happened. I was also unable to bring up the Choose a Weapon dialog again. After clicking around a bit, I was able to switch to the Armor tab, but when I switched back to Weapons, I was still unable to check the box.

After Saving the portfolio, I was able to go back and equip the item, so I suspect this is something in memory, rather than an issue with the file. However, I have attached it just in case. Now that I have saved the portfolio, I have not been able to reproduce the problem.

I did notice that in some of my testing while typing up this post, when I Command+Tabbed away from Hero Lab while the Add a Weapon dialog was open, the dialog disappeared. I haven't been able to get this to happen consistently, though -- usually, it stays up, but sometimes it disappears as long as Hero Lab does not have focus. Also, the issue with the list not performing well seems to be directly related to the number of items in the list. When I filter to only valid items for the weapons on this character (45/257 items), the scrolling is still a little bit sluggish, but not nearly as bad as when the entire list is shown. It seems like the list is not virtualizing properly.

Again, I am running OS X 10.6.8 on a 24" iMac with 2GB RAM and a 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo processor.
Attached Files
File Type: email Lupescu Cultist.por (98.9 KB, 1 views)
egg_green is offline   #24 Reply With Quote