View Single Post
Gelfarin

Old April 4th, 2017, 09:18 AM
This is going to be a bit of a rant here and I probably just misunderstand the way this works. I get the clear impression that Hero Lab is really just a tool for Pathfinder and the rest of the gaming systems are just lucky enough to use it. Since I've been paying attention to the Savage Worlds forum, it appears that anything we want, we generate ourselves. We then submit it and then it gets sold back to the rest of us? I'm having to constantly update for Pathfinder (and DnD) which I wrote off a few years ago (as an unwieldy dinosaur) but next to nothing for Savage Worlds. Many of the online/digital tools find that this is the second most used system after Pathfinder/DnD (all versions). Yet we're really red headed stepchildren here.

Since I starting playing Savage Worlds a little over a year ago (specifically Savage Rifts), I've not used Hero Lab as it's really pretty useless for that setting. I've found great joy in doing manual character sheets again. And, although Savage Rifts is the number one popular setting for Savage Worlds, we continue to wait for our own community to generate a working character sheet.

Again I'll state that I probably misunderstand the nature of how Hero Lab is supposed to function. It's probably intended to be a Pathfinder program first and I missed that when I purchased it with additional licenses. I really appreciate the group that works so hard here for Savage Worlds, however wonder if there's any point in using Hero Lab to play it.
Gelfarin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote