View Single Post
SDShannonS

Old March 8th, 2023, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Could you please be more specific about what the name of the ability that's granting this is? I'm not all that familiar with the Skald class and its archetypes.
The skald has a class feature called Raging Song that grants the Inspired Rage ability to himself and his allies, much like a bard's Inspire Courage. At 3rd level, the skald gets Rage Powers much like a barbarian. Some (all?) of those Rage Powers are also bestowed upon any of the allies that are under the effect of the skald's Inspired Rage. In this case, our skald has selected the Rage Power of Animal Fury.

As a party member, I can add the Inspired Rage as a "conferred ability adjustment" but there does not seem to be a way apply the Animal Fury rage power as an element of that Inspired Rage.

As a test, I created a skald in Hero Lab and I was able to select the Animal Fury rage power. On that skald character, when I tick the box to activate Inspired Rage, it automatically gives the skald a bite attack which is exactly what the Animal Fury rage power is supposed to do.

However, that rage power is supposed to be conferred to all party members who benefit from the Inspired Rage ability and there does not seem to be a way to apply that benefit for any character except the skald.

I hope that makes sense. If it's still not clear, let me know and I'll direct you to the SRD sections where these abilities are described in more detail.
SDShannonS is offline   #4 Reply With Quote