View Single Post
LifeofReilly

Old October 1st, 2012, 09:36 AM
First and foremost, thank you for making this. It is invaluable and it has to represent a tremendous amount of time. I'm really excited to use it!

I'm seeing discrepancies in some damage outputs. Here's what I'm seeing:

Dire Tiger form you have the mouseover descrition set as

"Polymorph into a Dire Tiger (Bestiary I, pg 265)\n\nLarge\n+4 STR\n-2 DEX\n+4 natural AC\n\nLow-light vision\nScent\n2 Claws 2d4 plus Grab\nBite [B]2d6 plus Grab\nPounce\nReach 5'\nRake 2d4" (emphasis mine)

In test below you have it listed as

"</bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="wBite">
<containerreq phase="First" priority="500"><![CDATA[fieldvalIsOn <> 0]]></containerreq>
<autotag group="wMain" tag="2d8_204"/>
<assignval field="livename" value="Bite + Grab"/>
</bootstrap>"

The damage for the bite appears to be inconsistent. I know so very little about how HeroLab works- it's entirely possible that I've just got it wrong.

The hero I'm playing (size M) uses a greataxe (d12) and this modification changes that damage to 3d6. The hero also has a 1d4 bite if that has any effect on things.

When I use the Shambling Mound adjustment, the damage for the Slam and Constrict both increase from 2d6 to 3d6. Your entry in the .User file for Plant Shape 2 calls out 2d6 for both attacks.

This happens with several of the different forms. In Bat form damage per the bestiary is 1d3, but after the adjustment it becomes "-".

My guess (from reading the earlier messages) is that the size adjustments are still modifying the the damages of these forms in at least some of the attacks. I don't know which chart HeroLab uses for damage size increase or decrease.

Any ideas?
LifeofReilly is offline   #17 Reply With Quote