View Single Post
mirtos

Old July 17th, 2012, 06:33 AM
I get where you're coming from, but I find that we all use the VTT, but dont all use Herolab in my group. I also often add things to the VTT and dont want to spend the time to create something in hero lab (monsters, for example, which i know off the top of my head).

I do see the advantages in that, but i also see the disadvantages in tying a VTT to any single character sheet/manager software. Its actually the main reason (besides cost), that my group chose MapTools over D20 Pro. I love hero lab, and if other players want to use it, then I am absolutely going to evangilize for them. But Im not going to force any of my players to use it. But that being said, if a VTT was both complimentary and could be integrated without losing the complemtary abilities, then id be for it. In other words, the VTT would function just as well without integration as it would with integration, then id be for it.

However, I think Rob is right. There is a lot of programming that goes into a VTT, and I get how they wouldnt want to reinvent the wheel.
mirtos is offline   #11 Reply With Quote