View Single Post
Rev Haus 235

Send a message via AIM to Rev Haus 235 Send a message via Yahoo to Rev Haus 235

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:07 PM
It's not meant to enhance anything, its a coat. I understand where there could be a great deal of abuse if it were enchanted because it is a separate item. Frankly, they aren't meant to be enchanted, its like enchanting your shirt. It just happens to add a +1 AC bonus. It doesn't add a plus to you armor, or to a shield, its adds a +1 to your AC. It's like a shield, but could be used while you were using a shield too.

The problem is that theoretically, one could wear the greatcoat as their only source of armor if they wanted to. Giving them an armor class bonus of +1, in addition to whatever their normal Dexterity modifier is.

As for writing scripts, I wouldn't have the foggiest clue as to how to start that.
I'm already running into that same kind of problem with customizations for weapons that add minor bonuses. The customizations are physical changes that have been made to the weapon, like adding a scope to a gun, or having it bored or precision shooting. I'm trying to add them in as Item Powers but not having any idea how I would write a script to add +1 to hit that stacks with all the other normal bonuses, or reducing the range increment penalty to -1 instead of -2.
Rev Haus 235 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote