View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 1st, 2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
Will Realm Works allow me as a GM to track when some players know certain facts about a campaign that others do not? Looking at the example pics it seems like only general party knowledge is trackable.
Not initially. We're planning that for the future, but it introduces a large number of extra complexities that we're not going to tackle in V1.0. If we try to do everything in V1.0, we'll never get it out the door, and this is one of those areas where we're scaling back for the first release.

Quote:
If the answer to the above question is yes, will only players who know something be able to see that info when they log into the cloud to review campaign notes?
That's the plan for when we actually add the functionality.

Quote:
And if all that is true will there be a way for me as a DM to remind specific players that they have confidential info through the program? i.e. some way to flag pieces of information as secret to that player.
Yep, that's the plan.

You've identified some of the important bits of complexity here that contribute to us deferring this capability until after V1.0. Not only is this something we have to track in the data, it's also something we need to weave into the UI in an appropriate way.

Quote:
Will there be a way for me to use the RW interface to send and recieve private messages that they will see when they log into the campaign cloud site?
That's the plan and this is targeted for inclusion in V1.0. We see this as an interim way to provide private information to individual PCs/players.

Quote:
Will there be a way for the GM to track which messages have been read?
I don't think that's currently on the todo list, but it wouldn't be overly complex to add. This is an example of why we're planning to do a multi-phase Beta test over many months. We know we haven't thought of everything that's going to be important. :-)

Quote:
Even though I don't like it my current players love to comiserate with the GM away from the table. Hoping that RW will help me keep track of that sort of activity.
I think so. There are features that can definitely be used in this regard. However, I'd need to know more about exactly what you're trying to achieve before I can give a definite yes or no. And during the Beta we'll be refining and enhancing things, so a "no" right now could easily become a "yes" in a few months. :-)
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote