View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 12th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I have a final working version of the data set finally. This addon once installed allows one to build a custom race outside the editor following the rules of the ARG Play test 1 rules.

Steps to use:
  1. Go to d20pfsrd and in the "Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide" folder download the ARG_RaceBuilder vX.X.hl file.
  2. Install the ARG_RaceBuilder vX.X.hl by NOT having HL running and double clicking on the file.
  3. In the Configure Your Hero window you must select "Advanced Race Guide: Playtest 1" source.
  4. Now on the "Background" tab click on Choose Race and select the new "- Custom Race -".
  5. You must pick the Power Level of the race (ie 10, 20, 30, 40). Select this on the "Racial Power Points Level" racial ability.
  6. Once selected a new section called Racial Traits will appear with 0 of XX spent.
  7. The first selection you may wish to pick is "Name" as this ability lets you name your new custom race.
  8. After that follow the Play Test rules picking things in the order that the play test describes them. So you should now pick: Race Type, Subtype if Needed, Size, Base Speed, Ability Scores, Language, Ability Score Bonuses, Defense, Magical, Movement, Offense, Skill and Feats, Senses, Weaknesses, and finally Other abilities.
  9. If you are not going to be spending all your Racial Points and want to remove the warning about not spending them all go to "In-Play" tab. Click on the "Not spending all points".
This addon includes the missing ARG racial specials not added by HL. So this add-on would also be helpful for those wishing to use the editor to create there custom race when done by bootstraping the newly created "Racial Specials" to the race. These "Racial Specials" match exactly to the Play Test rules. These "Racial Specials" are NOT source marked to the play test source allowing them to be used without that source being activated.

Known Issues:
There where a few things I have not finished yet 100% as I am not exactly sure how I will handle them.
  • The ability to select up to 7 languages.
  • Racial Weapon Groups.
  • Some of the more complex error checking is not done. This also includes no way to check that as an outsider has a elemental background.
  • Newly created Sub-types in the editor will not automatically show up. If your using the editor then you will have to create a new "R Cust Special" based on a sub-type Things I have already created.
  • I have no way of testing but this SHOULD work for those just have the CORE HL data set. I am 99% sure no other data package is needed to get this to work.
Note: Be sure not to change anything in the .user or .1st RaceBuilder files as your changes will get overwritten/lost if I release a newer version and you install it. Any adjustments you want to do can be accomplished in your own .user files which won't get over written when a new version comes out.

How to remove Data Set
If you run into any problem that prevents loading you can easily delete/remove .hl import add-ons. Simply Go to Tools->Manage Third Party Updates... and then select Race Builder and tell it to delete. HL will remove and reset everything back to before the add-on was installed.

Feel free to leave any comments or issues in this thread.

Release 1.2 - November 17, 2011
  • Added a 40 RP option.
  • Small change to the "Racial Points Power Level" Thing to allow for easy way to add new custom point options.
  • See THIS post for instructions how on to add your own RP costs.
Release 1.1 - November 15, 2011
  • Fixed the wrong bootstrap of Fearless that caused gamers to need the Bestiary data set. Reported by thundershot.
  • Flexible ability modifiers fixed as it should have allowed +2 to two ability scores. Reported by dartnet.
  • Advanced ability modifiers fixed. I added a Mental and Physical selections. Reported by dartnet.
  • Added a click-able option on the "In-Play" tab that you can select to suppress the error message for not spending all your Racial Points. Its called "Not spending all points". I also put a note on the "Racial Points Power Level". Asked for by dartnet.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; November 20th, 2011 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Version updates.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote