View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 30th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetoIgnarus View Post
So I reloaded my netbook today and went to reinstall Hero Lab but it didn't accept my primary or secondary license under Activate/Reactivate/Manual Activation.

I decided to go ahead and buy another license (a tertiary license) and give one to a friend once the 4month period has expired.

So i go through and attempt to use my third license but it still does the same thing. It says you have activated blah blah, restart so I restart Hero Lab and it tells me I am in demonstration mode.

I just want to use the dang software, what do I need to do?
First of all, without any of your license information, there's nothing any of us can do on this end. So you have to send an email to tech support with that information before anything can be done to solve this for you. For your own security, please do NOT post that information publicly on the forums.

If the error you are getting is that your existing license can't be transferred due to the four-month waiting period, that's easily and quickly fixed. Be sure to use the special form for reporting that problem to us. When you are shown the error, there is a link you can click to access the special form. Early reassignment issues have a separate priority queue, so use the special form for that.

If you are having problems with a brand new license (the third one you just purchased), I doubt you are getting the same error message (about the waiting period). That means something else is going sideways for you, which probably means a security or privilege issue on the new netbook. Make sure that you are running Hero Lab with Administrator privileges on the netbook. Also make sure that Hero Lab has been added to your firewall exceptions list and has been authorized to access the internet through any internet security software you have installed.

Hope this helps...
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote