Thread: Codex Martialis
View Single Post
zarlor

Old January 14th, 2011, 07:42 AM
I think you misunderstand what I mean about hiding those Feats. Sourcing them is fine, but if I have it clicked as a source then I need those players to be able to only select Martial Feats when they get a BAB and not select any other Feats.

The confusion here is that Martial Feats are not in any way, shape or form anything like standard Feats. I use the term because it's how it's used in the the Codex Martialis, but maybe it would be better for clarity here to say that I need to have a separate "something" called Martial Styles. And you can select one of the styles for every point of BAB you have.

That's why I was suggesting something outside of the Feats mechanic. (Although many of these Styles do have Feat and/or Skill requirements, much like Feats, but they are not Feats and not supposed to be selected as Feats are, and Feats are not supposed to be selectable when with any of your available Styles slots.) I hope that makes it a little clearer.

Still, if the suggestion is that I would need to set this up as a new system I'll move this thread over to the appropriate forum for that. Thanks!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote