View Single Post
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
{nods} Progression increases the number of increments. According to UP, it does so from 10 to 25 (one application) to 50 (two applications) and so on. Currently, the feat in Hero Lab simply goes up the time and value chart, going from to (max range x 2) to (max range x 5) and so one. The first step should actually be x2.5 (going from 10 to 25) and it would be nice to actually have numbers for the maximum range, as is done for the range increments.
Absolutely agree about the idea of needing both values to appear and I repeat my earlier suggestion that onscreen & on the printed sheet it should appear one time in the power's description. For example, a regular, no frills, Rank 10 Blast would have it appear like this: (Standard (Active) - Range Incr 100ft - Max Range 1,000 ft - Instant).

However, you are slightly off Duggan in your comment: the PF: Improved Range (UP, page 94 - left column) affects the range increment.

PF: Progression, Increase Range changes the max range from the normal (Rank x 100) to (Rank x 250) or (Rank x 500), etc. depending on how much Progression is bought.

Anyway, the written output should reflect the values generated by the Power Drawback: Reduced Range or either Power Feat affecting the correct thing (increment or max range) & the text of PF: Improved Range (UP, page 94 last sentence) indicates to me that there ISN'T a synergy of both PFs being on the same power. Each PF is an independent modifier to the increment and the maximum. Naturally I think the Power Drawback: Reduced Range should be mutually exclusive with the PF: Improved Range (UP, page 94) as both deal with the range increment.

For example, a Rank 10 Blast with PF: Improved Range 3 and PF: Prog, Increased Range 1 would have it appear like this: (Standard (Active) - Range Incr 1,000ft - Max Range 2,500 ft - Instant). Yes, I am aware this particular combination means you'd only be getting far less than the normal 10 range increments.

Conversly, a Rank 10 Blast with PF: Improved Range 2 and PF: Prog, Increased Range 4 would have it appear like this: (Standard (Active) - Range Incr 500ft - Max Range 25,000 ft - Instant) which is way more than 10 range increments. Lotsa luck hitting anything at Max Range though with all those culmulative -2 modifiers per range increment. ;-P

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; July 3rd, 2010 at 06:56 AM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #20 Reply With Quote