View Single Post
chiefweasel

Old May 26th, 2010, 10:57 AM
hey all, two things. i dont have an iPad, but will get one soon. A friend has one and did a little hacking with it. What he ended up doing is tethering the iPad to his iPhone so it uses the 3G network connection without having 3G on the iPad. he then created an app that allows for remote control and connection to his desk top. Using this, we were able to access and run Hero Lab from the desktop and display and manipulate it on the iPad. So in effect it allowed full use of Hero lab on an iPad. If I pick up an iPad before I come to Gen Con, which i probably will, I'll rig it to allow remote access and show anyone who is interested.

Also I do have a netbook, which is great, but i dont have a license yet to put HL on it. Is there a way to get a cheaper license for secondary devices? I already use my secondary license for my laptop and desktop units. But a third license would allow me to take the netbook to games and play from it. Just a thought.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #10 Reply With Quote