View Single Post
JDRook
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old March 31st, 2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
. . . Just adding the stock heroes that you guys submitted added ~12mb to the Mutants & Masterminds download size . . .

We're looking at a way to reduce the size of stock portfolios right now, so hopefully we can ameliorate this in a future release of Hero Lab.
I see with the new 3.5 release most of the archetypes from the books have been covered. As has been demonstrated, however, I'm a big fan of all the other stuff : the supporting characters, the background creatures and creeps, and of course the NPC's. I'm planning to keep entering all of these ancillary characters for each book, much like I've already done with the Core and Agents books, but since size is becoming a consideration, I'm wondering if I should just keep them to myself rather than submitting them.

As a possible compromise, is there a way to break up the updates so that the fixes and improvements are separate from the prefab portfolios, thereby making them an optional download, much like the Hero Images update operates now?
JDRook is offline   #30 Reply With Quote