View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 15th, 2010, 06:15 PM
What I've now done is added another entry to the Combat table at the top right of the character sheet. The new entry shows the net armor protection for the character, which includes armor and any other influences. I'm guessing this approach should centralize all the combat details that players regularly need, other than specific weapons. More substantive changes, such as a complete redesign of the character sheet, will have to wait until there's more time available to do so.

This is the first time that anybody has commented about the armor not being in the upper right. So I'm not sure whether most games involve less combat or if no one has considered it a big enough issue to complain about. In any case, it's been addressed on this end, so it will be fixed in the next update.

I haven't heard any complaints before in regards to the Defense rating of armor being confusing. However, that's certainly not conclusive evidence.

The reason that the modification is spelled out is in case armor is taken off or replaced during the course of the game. I've seen multiple games where characters are ambushed at vulnerable moments, in which case armor may not currently be worn and the appropriate adjustments need to be made. Having the numbers on the sheet makes that easy to do.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote