View Single Post
SAbel

Old July 17th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Okay I noticed that Savage worlds does not use "classes" for characters so I have a question on building the following:
I would like to have a Tab (before the basic in the line up) this tab would be called the Clan Tab
its purpose is to do the following in character creation
1. the player picks a clan
this starts the player towards the character build, once the clan is selected
2. the Player picks a family from with the groups that belong to the picked Clan
3. then the player picks the school which the character is trained in.

Clan sets up for family choices, family gives player bouns to trait (+1 to specific w/ a few that allow free choice by player), the school is the big build. Schools also give a +1 bonus to trait (+1 to specific w/ a few that allow free choice by player) but it also gives the characters starting skills (free for CP cost), equipment and money, starting score in Honor (rank) special techniques (abilities/powers) the character can use at each rank (gaining new techniques each rank (aka Level).

4. After that the character has one heritage roll for free (to help build background) and may take 2 more for 1 CP each (these give sometimes extras such as advantages/disadvantages, skills, +/- to honor, status, glory or sometimes items.

I have put in families (for now was races) but I do not know how to make the above "tab" work or if it should be in the first panel that pops up before you get into the system. I am including examples of the Family (they are pretty simple to add) and what a base school would look like but it is not code ready just an outline.

From the Crab Clan a family
<thing
id="racHida"
name="Crab Clan Hida Family"
compset="Race"
isunique="yes"
description="The Hida family are the leaders of the Crab. Their family motto is; I will not fail. No other family holds their duty in such high regard as the Hida. It is the largest family in the Crab, and dominate the political life of the clan. They plan military tactics, lead the armies and co-ordinate the defenses of the clan. (Trait Bonus +1 Strenght)">
<eval value="1" phase="PreTraits" priority="5000">
<before name="Calc trtFinal"/><![CDATA[
~apply whatever adjustment(s) are needed here
~hero.child[resAbility].field[resMax].value += 1
#traitbonus[attrStr] += 1
]]></eval>

</thing>

What I would like to have from a school (my working outline) also from the Crab family

# Yasuki Courtier

<thing
id="schYasuki"
name="Yasuki Courtier School"
compset="School"
isunique="yes"
*** need to tie in for character creation***
clan = "Crab"
type = "courtier"
honor = "1.5"
skills = ["Commerce (Merchant)",
"Courtier",
"Deceit (Lying)",
"Etiquette (Bureaucracy)",
"Stealth",
"1|Any (Low)",
"1|Any (Bugei)"]
outfit = [ "Wakizashi",
"Courtly Dress",
"Finger of Jade",
"Kimono",
"Sandals",
"Traveling Pack",
"10|Koku" ]
technique for each Rank 1-5
technique[1] = technique("Way of the Carp")
technique[1].description = ""
technique[1].effect = ""
technique[2] = technique("Shimmering Scales")
technique[2].description = ""
technique[2].effect = ""
technique[3] = technique("Wiles of the Carp")
technique[3].description = ""
technique[3].effect = ""
technique[4] = technique("Treasures of the Carp")
technique[4].description = ""
technique[4].effect = ""
technique[5] = technique("All That You Have is Mine")
technique[5].description = ""
technique[5].effect = ""
description="description Goes here. (Trait Bonus +1 perception)">
<eval value="1" phase="PreTraits" priority="5000">
<before name="Calc trtFinal"/><![CDATA[
~apply whatever adjustment(s) are needed here
~hero.child[resAbility].field[resMax].value += 1
#traitbonus[attrPerc] += 1

]]></eval>
</thing>

Now once a Clan is picked the character can pick any family and any school with in the clan, the multi school or different school advantages allow training outside of the clan picked at creation, also once a character reaches rank (lvl) 6 the character must move to an advanced school (but this is something that I would think should be handled later unless it is better to do in the mechanics at the start?
SAbel is offline   #41 Reply With Quote