View Single Post
Sendric

Old March 13th, 2023, 04:00 AM
So apparently there isn't a Helper.Disabled tag. There are FtDisable and SpcDisable tags which are for feats and special abilities respectively.

Looking at a few wondrous items, things that actually have scripts are based entirely on whether the items are equipped. A complete solution will be time consuming, but we could narrow in on the items your players are using for the time being and start there.

I've created an adjustment that removes the enhancement bonus from weapons and armor and applies the tag "User.Disabled" to non-weapon, non-armor magic items. This tag will do nothing unless the magic item has the line "doneif (tagis[User.Disabled] <> 0)" at the top of the script. I've tested this with the only wondrous item in the attached file, and it does appear to work, though I doubt it's an item of any significance to you.

Anyway, long story made longer, with the new adjustment, you should be able to modify any magic items your characters are using that have a script to suppress the effects. Please check it out and let me know. If you need help adding the code to various items, please provide me a list of magic items your characters are using.

Update: for the next update, I've changed this to add the User.Disabled tag to weapons and armor as well so they can affect things like item powers. Since I'm here, I've also updated some item powers to actually do what they are supposed to do (like provide damage resistance).
Attached Files
File Type: email Custom - Core Book Mods.user (212.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Sendric; March 13th, 2023 at 05:19 AM.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote